Coach Bacco has served as the Head Cross Country Coach at Penn State-Greater Allegheny since the program's inception in 2011. He has also served as the Cross Country and Track & Field Distance Coach at McKeesport Area High School since 2004, where he has coached numerous Invitational Medalists in Cross Country and Track & Field, including many WPIAL Individual Qualifiers, WPIAL Medalists, State Qualifiers, and WPIAL Individual Champions.
His coaching accomplishments at Penn State-Greater Allegheny are as follows:
• 2015 PSUAC Men's Coach of the Year
• 2015 PSUAC Men's Team Champions, #11 National finish (USCAA)
• 2015 PSUAC Men's Individual Champion Michael Burchlaw
• 2015 PSUAC Men's Individual Runner-up Ellis Massiah
• 2014 PSUAC Women's Team Runner-up
• 2014 PSUAC Women's Individual Champion Rachel Ramsey
• 2013 USCAA 2nd Team All-American Rachel Ramsey (#13 overall individual)
• 2013 PSUAC Women's Individual Runner-up Rachel Ramsey
• 2012 PSUAC Men's Team Runner-up, #13 National finish (USCAA)
• Eight 1st-Team PSUAC All-Conference Individuals (Pete Subosits in 2011, Ryan Bartok in 2012, Rob Meier in 2013, Shelby Bendick in 2013, Rachel Ramsey in 2013 and 2014, Michael Burchlaw, Ellis Massiah, and Andrew Bradley in 2015.
• Five USCAA Academic All-Americans (Jared Reesman, Nate Ferraro, Rob Meier, Rachel Ramsey, and Maria Marroquin)
• Numerous PSUAC Academic All-Conference Awardees
• Penn State-Greater Allegheny Male Athlete of the Year Award for 2012-2013 (Jared Reesman)
• Penn State-Greater Allegheny Female Athlete of the Year Award for 2013-2014 (Rachel Ramsey)
Coach Bacco was also an accomplished distance runner, 3 year letterman, and team captain at McKeesport Area High School in Cross Country and Track, graduating in 1995. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry at the University of Pittsburgh in 1999, and is currently a Science teacher at McKeesport Area High School, where he has worked since 2003.